The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic is dedicated to helping pet owners help their injured or ill pets. We wish we could help them all, however the costs of providing healthcare can be limiting for those pet parents with financial constraints. The unexpected costs of caring for a sick pet can often be emotional and devastating to a pet parent that may have fallen on hard times. We understand that we are all caring pet owners and want to help those in need if at all possible, without the concern of being able to afford care for their furry companions. We have an “Angel Fund” that is used to help pets in need as we can solely here at The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic. The available funds for this account are established by donations from other charitable pet owners. 100% of the donations we receive for the Angel Fund go towards care for pets in need when their owners are financially limited. Any amount helps. $1, $5, $20 are typical donations we receive; however, any amount is greatly appreciated and can help build the funds available to help a pet recover from an injury or illness. If you are interested in donating to our TSVC Angel Fund, please complete the short form below.
How the Angel Fund Works at TSVC
When a pet parent is in need of care for their pet, but cannot afford the necessary treatment, we first have a conversation about applying for Care Credit to use as a 3rd party payment plan. If the owner has applied for Care Credit and is not a candidate for Care Credit at that time, then we may consider the Angel Fund. Decisions to use the Angel fund for a pet’s care are up to the clinic’s discretion. The Angel Fund may be used on a one-time basis per family with the understanding that it will not be an option available to be offered again for any other pets of theirs in the future. The balance of the Angel Fund is based solely off of charitable donations, and there is no guaranteed amount available at any given time in the fund. If there aren’t any funds, TSVC will unfortunately not be able to grant a donation from the Angel Fund for that pet at that time. If there are funds available, and the Doctors and Staff of TSVC have deemed the pet a good candidate for use of the Angel Fund, then we offer the Angel Fund as a financial option to help a pet owner afford their pet’s necessary treatments. The pet owner will still be financially responsible for 40% of the total estimated treatment amount and will pay for this at the time of service. The Angel Fund may be used for the remaining amount of 60% of the estimate, however the total donated amount from the Angel Fund must not exceed $400.00. We have put this rule in place to ensure the fund is able to help as many pets as possible that have the likelihood of recovering from their illness. The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic may use the pet’s story or picture for continued fundraising for our Angel Fund, in the form of social media, client education, newsletters, videos, website content brochures, or other fundraising tools used by TSVC.