WE ARE NOW OFFERING 3D HIGH DEFINITION CT (Computed Tomography) SCANNING!
The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic is here to serve all of your pet’s health care needs. Our friendly and courteous staff knows that your pet is a family member and we are dedicated to making them feel at home in our warm, caring environment. We treat all of our patients as if they were one of our own! Your pet’s health, happiness and well-being are our priority. With this in mind, we offer only the best care for your pet.
At The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic, we offer a variety of services and medical therapies to better serve you and your pet. If we are unable to provide a specialized service that your pet may be in need of, we will gladly arrange for a consultation with one of the many excellent board-certified specialists in the Scottsdale area.
We understand the special role your pet plays in your family and are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet’s health care. Our goal is to practice the highest quality medicine and surgery with compassion and an emphasis on quality client education. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner.
Here at The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic we offer a wide range of services from General Practice to Emergency Care and Surgery. Some of our special interests and services we offer include:
- Vaccinations and Preventative Care – Our vaccines are only $20 in addition to an exam fee of $54.00, or $64.00 for a weekend exam. We offer scheduled appointments Monday through Saturday from 8am-8pm, and walk-ins all day every Sunday from 8am-8pm. We also accommodate work-in and emergency exams ANYTIME, 24/7! For your convenience, we also offer Drop Off/Day Admission exams 7 days a week from 8am-8pm for $69.50!
- Emergency Medicine – We are open 24/7, 365 days a year INCLUDING ALL HOLIDAYS! We are available for all of your emergency needs and welcome work-in exams anytime. It is recommended that you call ahead to let us know you are coming.
- *NEW* High Definition 3D CT Scanning – The addition of the Vimago CT scanner to our hospital has allowed for an even wider variety of diagnostic abilities to offer our clients! The Vimago also offers the ability for us to perform fluoroscopy and soft tissue contrast! CT Scanning combines a series of x-ray images taken from many different angles and uses computer processing to create cross-sectional images, or slices, of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside the body. CT scan images provide much more detailed information than traditional x-ray or ultrasound.
- *NEW* Endoscopy Services – We have now added an Endoscope to our hospital! We hope this will provide a less invasive option than surgery for our patients in many cases. We can perform Cystoscopy (female dogs only), Laparoscopic Assisted Cystotomy, Upper and Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Endoscopic Foreign Body Retrieval (Upper GI) and Rhinoscopy. Dr. Fonza and Dr. Calugcugan are available for these services. Please contact our office for a consult and to schedule!
- *NEW* Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy – A medical treatment useful in a variety of clinical situations. The patient is placed safely and comfortably in a large chamber. 100% oxygen flows into the chamber under pressures 1.5 to 3 times that of normal atmospheric pressure. Treatments may last from 1 to 2 hours and are given 1 to 3 times daily, with at least 4 hours between sessions. Most patients require no sedation and appear calm and relaxed during HBOT treatment sessions. The total number of HBOT treatments necessary will vary according to the type of disease and/or patient response.
- Allergies – Using a combination of eastern, western, and holistic therapy we can more effectively treat your pet’s allergy conditions.
- Arthritis, Lameness, Limping, Pain – Our therapies for arthritis pain have helped thousands of pets and continue to improve the quality of their life. Each individual pet has different types and severity of arthritis. We work to create an arthritis care plan that is customized to YOUR pet, which aids in their optimal performance and long term health.
- Skin Conditions, Rash, Bumps, Itching, Mites, Fleas, Ticks, Tumors, Ringworm, Skin Infections – Our Veterinarians are knowledgeable and experienced in diagnosing and treating all of these conditions.
- Dental Disease, Dental Cleanings, and Tooth Extractions – If your pet is plagued by bad breath, this is often related to dental disease. Our doctors are excellent at performing dental cleanings and discussing preventative dental care. Call today for a quote on having your pet’s teeth cleaned!
- Ear Infections, Ear mites, Yeast Infection – Our doctors are very experienced in diagnosing and treating these common conditions.
- Flea and Tick Prevention – We offer the latest in flea and tick protection at competitive, affordable pricing!
- Heart Conditions and Cardiac Failure – Our heart therapy recommendations focus on the whole health of your pet. Our recommended care options can help your pet to lead a longer and happier life, with our multi-modal treatments.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture therapy is safe and effective for many medical conditions. It has been used to treat arthritis, kidney disease, anal gland disease, and many other conditions.
- Exotic Pets – Many of our doctors have a special interest in birds, parrots, chickens, ducks, rabbits, ferrets, rats, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, as well as many other exotic animals. We even offer exotic animal surgery!
- Lameness and Limping – Many times this symptom is related to other conditions other than arthritis. Our doctors will work hard to look for these conditions!
- Herbal Medicine, Chinese Medicine – These therapies have been around for thousands of years and many times can dramatically help with current therapies. Our doctors are open minded and educated on other treatment options that can help your pet!
- Heartworm Disease and Prevention – We offer extremely competitive and low pricing on our heartworm prevention, often lower than many online pharmacies, as we are dedicated to providing your pet with optimum protection at an affordable price!
- Fractures and Bone Surgery (Orthopedic Surgery) – We offer multiple options to repair bone injuries (including Cruciate Ligament Tears!) from splinting or casting and cold-laser therapy, to surgical repair. In the event a surgical repair falls outside of our doctors’ expertise, we can assist you in the proper referral to the best orthopedic surgeons available.
- Chiropractic Therapy and Adjustments – Chiropractic therapy can assist in many conditions and is especially beneficial with back and neck conditions.
- Cold Laser Therapy – These treatments help to stimulate stem cells to re-activate and continue the healing process. This also appears to aid in blood flow and reduce muscle spasms in the area and can be extremely beneficial for arthritis, healing and acute or chronic injuries.
- Radiography – We offer some of the best in mainstream digital radiography for your pet’s needs! From diagnosing fractures and bone lesions to abdominal, heart or lung abnormalities and more, our radiography services are available 24/7! We also offer consultations with certified radiologists when necessary!
- Avian Medicine and Surgery – If you have a sick bird, this is the place for their health care. We love bird medicine and work on a large variety of avian medical conditions and therapies. We treat many types of avian species, but commonly see cockatiels, budgies, macaws, conures, eclectus, amazon, ducks, and chickens.
- Lagomorph (Rabbit) Medicine and Surgery – If your bunny needs care, we can help. Our doctors are experienced to perform rabbit dentistry, treat ear mites, perform spay and neuter procedures, treat skin diseases, and many other rabbit health issues.
- Reptile Medicine and Surgery – From reproduction and proper husbandry to parasites, deworming and injuries, we do it all! We also enjoy working with desert tortoises.
- Rodent and Small Mammal Medicine and Surgery (Rats, Mice, Guinea Pigs, Etc) – We see a large number of small exotics every day in our practice and are experienced to diagnose and treat many of the diseases and conditions that can present.
- Ferret Medicine and Surgery – We have a special interest in working with adrenal disease, adrenal cancer, lymphoma, insulinomas, low blood sugar and dental disease that can commonly affect ferrets and are dedicated to educating our clients on the best care and treatment available.
- Valley Fever Therapy (Coccidiomycosis) – All of our Veterinarians are experienced in treating all types of valley fever- lung, bone, skin, neurological, disseminated, etc. We also have some of the lowest pricing in town on Fluconazole- the most commonly used treatment for valley fever.
- Humane Pet Euthanasia – Saying goodbye to our furry loved ones is one of the hardest parts of being a pet parent, and we will do everything we can to help you through this process. Relieving our dog, cat, or exotic pet from pain and suffering is the most common reason that most owners elect to euthanize a beloved friend. Pain and suffering could be related to chronic, incurable diseases like cancer, renal disease and heart failure. It is normal for owners to elect to make the choice that they feel is kindest for their terminally ill pets. Euthanasia is performed by a veterinarian, and done for reasons such as humane relief of suffering. The decision to put your pet down is typically made when the animal is starting to suffer as a result of the condition and when drugs can no longer bring enough pain relief, or due to owner’s financial limitations to provide care for life threatening illnesses that may cause suffering. Excessive vomiting, diarrhea, intestinal pain, severe arthritis, tumors or cancer can all lead to these painful symptoms and complete body failure. In these cases, it is much kinder to put the pet to sleep and end their pain. During the euthanasia process, your pet would be injected with a chemical that when it enters the blood stream it stops the function of both the heart and the brain, which causes instant loss of consciousness and pain sensations. This is where the term “put to sleep” comes from as the animal falls into a deep sleep and the heart stops beating, allowing the pet to pass without experiencing pain. We offer communal cremation where your pet’s remains would be spread on a farm up north, or we also have an individual cremation option for you to have your pet’s ashes returned to you in a cedar wood urn.
- In Home Pet Euthanasia – Most pets have difficulty getting around in their old age, so it can be quite troublesome to get them in the car and bring them into the veterinarian. Many pet owners may want the privacy and comfort of being in their own home when making this decision. Sometimes pet parents are too upset to drive, and having us come to their home eliminates many of these concerns. Our veterinarians offer this service to come to you and your pet at home, in hopes this will help you and your family during these sensitive moments. We hope that you and your family will be more relaxed in the privacy of your own home, and we strive to ensure our visit to your home goes as peacefully as possible for your family. Don’t hesitate to call us today at 480-945-8484 for any questions regarding your decision to say farewell to your furry loved one. We are here for you every step of the way, and offer this service to our clients who live within 8 miles of our practice. If you are further than 8 miles, please still call us as we may be able to accommodate you as well. Please see www.fidosfarewell.com for pricing and more information about our in-home euthanasia services for your dog or cat.
- Food & Medication Delivery $15 – We offer delivery of your food and medication refills to your home, for our current clients within 8 miles of our practice! We recommend that you provide us at least 5 days advance notice before you run out of food or prescriptions to allow adequate shipping time before you need it. Please call us to arrange delivery!
- Pet Transport Service $15 per trip – From home to hospital, or hospital to home, we can pick up and drop off your pets for you for their veterinary services! We do require that you are at home at the time we are picking up or dropping off your dog or cat. Please call to schedule ahead!
Additional services available at The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic:
Thanks for choosing The Scottsdale Veterinary Clinic!